- A gadget that looked like a water pistol, but instead produced huge clouds of soap bubbles.
- A strange disc-like craft with flashing lights about the size of a side plate floated up into the air – a real flying saucer, radio controlled!
- “Model” rockets which can fly a thousand feet into the air, take a picture, and then descend by parachute.
- A stall where one can have one’s likeness captured by digital cameras, then etched in 3 dimensions into a clear block of glass by a computer-controlled laser – it looks like a bust shaped from frost.
- A toy giraffe, with a price tag of about £4,000. This life-size stuffed toy is actually quite a bargain, at least on a pence-per-kilo basis.
Crowded, yes – but magical!